How to create a protocol template ?
A protocol template allows you to create a protocol (predefined series of connected and configured processes) that can be reused in the future. By using a protocol template, you can easily set up a new preconfigured experiment, ensuring consistency. Additionally, the protocol template can be shared with other labs, included in lab reports, or documented within a community.
Currently, the protocol template can only be created from an existing experiment. Here's how to do it:
- Open the desired experiment.
- Click on the menu button.
Protocol and then choose
Create protocol template.
- Give the template a name and provide a description if desired (the description will be automatically copied to experiments created from this template).
Note: At the moment, it is not possible to modify an existing template. If you need to make changes, please create a new template
Digital protocoles depend on the versions of the bricks in your lab. It means that you need to be cautious in describing the protocols because they may need to be updated when the bricks are updated. It also means that creating a protocol based on an experiment that was run with an older version of the bricks is not a good idea, as the tasks and parameters may have changed.
How to create an experiment from a digital protocol template ?
To create an experiment from a digital protocol template, please follow these steps:
- On the experiment page, locate and click on the
- Choose a name for your new experiment.
- Select the protocol template :
- You can search for a template using the search bar button. Clicking on the search bar button opens advanced search options.
- Alternatively, you can import a protocol template file.
- Save your selections.
- This will create a new experiment with all the pre-configured tasks from the chosen template.